Algebraic and coalgebraic methods and tools are a mainstay of computer science. From data types to development techniques and specification formalisms, both theoreticians and practitioners have benefited from the large body of research proposed and implemented since the pioneering works of the 1960s. The Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO) aims to bring together researchers and practitioners with interests in foundational aspects, and both traditional and emerging uses of algebra and coalgebra in computer science. CALCO is a high-level, bi-annual conference formed by joining the forces and reputations of CMCS (the International Workshop on Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science) and WADT (the Workshop on Algebraic Development Techniques).
Usually, CALCO is co-located with MFPS.
Previous editions of the Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science:
- CALCO and MFPS 2023 in Bloomington (USA)
- CALCO and MFPS 2021 in Salzburg (Austria)/online
- CALCO and MFPS 2019 in London (UK)
- CALCO 2017 in Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Nijmegen (the Netherlands, 2015)
- Warsaw (Poland, 2013) (website available in the web archive)
- Winchester (UK, 2011)
- Udine (Italy, 2009)
- Bergen (Norway, 2007)
- Swansea (Wales, 2005)